Sunday 5 April 2015

Isle Of Pines, New Caledonia

  
A couple of snaps from my trip to the Pacific Islands via The Royal Caribbean's, Rhapsody of the Seas! 

First up is Isle of Pines, New Caledonia.




In the midst of the rain, a warm welcome was given by a few locals. 

Being the confused tourists that we are, we eagerly accepted the first interesting tour that was offered, allowing us to explore the hidden beauty of the Isle of Pines. 



St Maurice Bay

I don't remember exactly what this memorial was for but there was some very cheeky shaped wooden fences. I wonder what some were... 


Our Lady Of Assumption Church

I love visiting churches! It's beauty always leaves me in awe. It's quite different from other churches i've visited but nonetheless I am glad it was part of the tour.




Kanumera Bay

Lunch stop! We were dropped off at this secluded beach, with one family selling the most delicious coconuts I have ever had. It was quite amusing seeing their version of pizza, too bad I couldn't try it. The environment was so relaxing and beyond real.


Entrance to the Cave of Queen Hortense

For some reason, they charged us to enter! In my opinion, it wasn't that great.You walk through a forest, beautiful scenery, and arrive at a cave with the smallest grotto all the way at the top. Hardly even good photo ops!



Vestiges du Bagne

If I remember correctly, this was an old French prison. You could see engravings covering the walls from top to bottom. Crumbling brick walls and rusted iron bars. Quite creepy if I were honest. 





Kuto Bay

Unfortunately, by the time swimming came around the weather was so down it was quite irritating. Leave our bags soaking in the pouring rain?

The rain made my hair go wild and I was more than eager to finally get into its clear, blue water. Swam with the locals and some little turtles. Crazy experience.

Nothing more pleasant to end this visit with a thirty minute wait to hop back onto the ship in nothing but your swimsuit in the pouring rain. 





No comments:

Post a Comment