Sunday 17 May 2015

Vila, Vanuatu

So I guess we all have our favourites, and of course our not so favourites. I was unprepared and given the wrong expectations and it totally killed my buzz. 

It was nice for the eyes though, Vila, Vanuatu!

Unlike my previous post, I did snap quite a few pictures and I narrowed it down as much as I could.




Our first stop was a waterfall, of course the walkway was surrounded by greenery. There were mini waterfalls along the trail to the actual waterfall, which meant water streams everywhere. I mean everywhere.


Pretty, right? Well, guess who was told it was a shopping and wifi day! I literally had 5 minutes of wifi but to add onto that, I was wearing my fresh sneakers and carrying a handbag. 


We trekked through knee deep water, mini stones and dirt stair paths barefoot the whole way because all we had was sneakers. Excuse my whiny tone but lets be real, I couldn't have a perfect holiday, now could I? Not to mention the extreme heat! Why couldn't we have had this at Isle of Pines!


         And here is the waterfall! It was obviously much taller than that but for consistency's sake, let us use a horizontal photo. Very risky business taking my phone up there with water spraying everywhere and all the rocks we needed to climb to reach the peak. It was freshwater but once again, I was not prepared for a day of swimming so that was unlucky. 

Can I just say the walk back down was torture. 


Pit stop before lunch! Another day, another beach. It wasn't as unique as the others but I do adore this photo. By this time I was feeling a bit down but that's okay!

Also, I'm not quite sure of the names of these places but they are popular. 


On the bright side, the markets here were much nicer and had more variety. Very cute and homely. 


Lunch time yah! How breathtaking is this view? Lunch was basic, we didn't go extravagant because the food on the ship is hella. 

After this, we walked over to the shops and they are nothing like the shops we have back here. I was surprised and was a bit scared since I was not at all familiar with the place. A few shops were similar, they had duty free and quicksilver etc.

As a final and extremely random stop, we went to a lookout. Bad photo? Bad view. You could barely see beyond the housing and greenery but having fresh, crisp air was delightful!


And finally, the markets before boarding the ship with the highest prices you'll ever see. 

I promise I do not usually whine this much but this day exhausted me. I did enjoy aspects of it and I do try to make the most out of my adventures.

By the way, can we talk about Fiji water for a moment. I was surprised at how expensive it was, $5(AUD) for a bottle smaller than a can. However, it did have a unique taste, it was very thick, almost creamy? (Like whaaaaat??)

No comments:

Post a Comment